httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] AddOutputFilterByType
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 18:01:38 GMT
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 6:42 AM, Ben Davies <ben@stickyeyes.com> wrote:
> Okay, this is great! Making some real headway here.
>
> Your suggestions works as expected. However, I want to throw another spanner
> in the works :)
>
> I have a directory which only contains flac files. I have several bash
> scripts, each of which convert a flac file to another format (mp3, aac, etc)
>
> I've setup various custom filters for each using ExtFilterDefine, and they
> all work as suggested.
>
> Now:
>
> I could expand your suggestion of using SetEnvIf to pass through the value
> of the quality field for each mimetype I want to support. This would be a
> fine solution, and would work.
>
> However, I'm interested in seeing if I can get MultiViews to work with
> directives provided by mod_filter.

I haven't though your problem through in detail, but I don't think
this approach will work. MultiViews is used specifically when choosing
between a bunch of files that exist in the filesystem, but that have
different meta-data attached to them. You only have a single file, but
wish to process it in a bunch of different ways.

Joshua.