httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Difference in mod_perl & mod_php
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 16:58:24 GMT
On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 12:32 PM, howard chen <howachen@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 12:24 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas
> <uhlar@fantomas.sk> wrote:
>>
>> - mod_php interprets PHP files and sends them to client
>>

>> If you want apache to parse perl scripts in the same way as mod_php does
>> with php scripts, you need to install an apache module that will do that.
>>

> Yes, I believe mod_php is also closer to apache, as contrast to php
> running as cgi mode.
>
> So althought say mod_perl, mod_php, mod_python... all calling mod_xxx, they
> processing model are not the same.

You still aren't explaining what you really mean by "processing model".

All modules have access to exactly the same apache module API. The
difference is in how much of this API the various scripting modules
expose to their scripts. It is probably true that mod_perl exposes
more of the API than any other similar module.

Joshua.