httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ForceType text/plain works for PHP but not for SSI
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 23:53:11 GMT
On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 7:15 PM, Ali, Saqib <docbook.xml@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the following defined for port 81 on a web server that has
> WebDAV enabled. This forces the httpd to send PHP files "unparsed".
>    <VirtualHost x.x.x.x:81>
>    DocumentRoot /var/www/html/
>    <Directory /usr/local/apache/htdocs/>
>    DAV On
>   </Directory>
>    ForceType text/plain
>    </VirtualHost>
>
> However it doesn't seem to work for Server Side Includes (SSI). How so?

Probably because you are using AddType (an old deprecated method still
recommended in the php docs) to activate php but AddHandler (the
method recommended by Apache) to activate ssi. The handler equivalent
is
SetHandler default-handler
or (assuming that ssi is activated for .shtml files)
RemoveHandler .shtml

Joshua.