httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Max Cantor" <maxcan...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Unexpected behavior using CustomLog ... env=!SVN-ACTION from mod_dav_svn
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 19:34:40 GMT
It appears to be common knowledge that the following directives will
generate an easy-to-read log entry for all high-level subversion
client actions:

    LogFormat "%t %u %h %{SVN-ACTION}e" svn
    CustomLog /var/sites/svn/www/logs/svn.log svn env=SVN-ACTION

However, this leaves the original gobbledegook in the default access
file.  Even if the Apache server were only used for svn, it'd be nice
to give non-svn browser requests their own access log.  Unfortunately,
this line doesn't seem to work as expected:

    CustomLog /var/sites/svn/www/logs/access.log combined env=!SVN-ACTION

As far as I know, this ought to create a log entry only when the
environment variable SVN-ACTION is not set.  However, my access.log
file is still clogged with low-level garbage.  My syntax seems right,
and those are the only two CustomLog directives in all of my Apache
configuration files, so I'm perplexed.  Is there some vagary to the
way mod_dav_svn assigns SVN-ACTION that I'm not aware of, or have I
just made a stupid, simple mistake?

Thanks!

 - Max