httpd-users mailing list archives

From Res <...@ausics.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] seperate vhost files for each domain
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 00:06:05 GMT
On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, John Hicks wrote:

> Remember that Apache only reads its configuration once, when it is started
> up, so the additional processing is minimal.

But what would be the impact, like reading one 20K httpd.conf and one 300K
vhosts.conf file, or 2000 separate files, the latter seems like a lot of
extra work, sure it might be negligible for a hundred or so odd hosts,
but what about when you have thousands, I'd think the additional I/O would
add tremendously to stop/start/restart times at least.

It is really trivial to write a perl script to add/delete vhost blocks.

--
Cheers
Res

2/ If only cleanfeed filtered out trolls as well as spam, usenet would be
    a nicer place.