httpd-users mailing list archives

From Res <...@ausics.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Setting up password authentication
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 23:56:37 GMT
On Thu, 5 Jun 2008, André Warnier wrote:

> Is it really an error 500 you are getting ?
> That does not sound right (500 means "server error", like a script crashing,
> not an authentication/authorization error, which would be in the 4xx range).
> Check the error log to see what error really happens.

500 can be produced if authentication config is wrong,
500 = 'internal server error' which covers many aspects

--
Cheers
Res

I read usenet and lists in pine. But m$ outlook, thunderbird and gmail
often use html span/whatever for quotes, makes it hard to tell who said
what, so I dont try. If I ignore you, thats why! Use a compliant mailer.