httpd-users mailing list archives

From Res <...@ausics.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_auth_mysql questions
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 11:11:26 GMT
On Tue, 3 Jun 2008, Chris Cohen wrote:

> On Tuesday 03 June 2008 11:37:30 Res wrote:
>> Which version of Apache? later versions do not use that module. so to
>> get help you should to specifiy the version
>
> Sorry, forgot that.
> apache2-mpm-prefork (2.2.8-1ubuntu0.2)
> libapache2-mod-auth-mysql (4.3.9-4)

Who knows what debian/ubuntu do, maybe your best asking over there
since apache 2.2.(6|8) uses  mod_dbd  (compile time  --with-mysql as of
2.2.8, it works in 2.2.6 but is a more complicated to get it to work, but
that all changed with an agreement between mysql and apache foundation
folks for release 2.2.8)

ie - in global:

DBDriver mysql
DBDParams "host=dbhost.name dbname=dbname user=dbuser pass=foobar"

...and inside a directory statement:
     AuthType Basic
     AuthName "Web Stats"
     AuthBasicProvider dbd
     AuthDBDUserPWQuery "SELECT pass FROM user WHERE user = %s"
     Require valid-user

To see if you have mysql recognised try:

ldd /path/to/httpd | grep libmysqlclient_r

You should get something like...

~# ldd /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd | grep libmysqlclient_r
         libmysqlclient_r.so.15 => /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.so.15
(0xb7d7f000)

--
Cheers
Res

I read usenet and lists in pine. But m$ outlook, thunderbird and gmail
often use html span/whatever for quotes, makes it hard to tell who said
what, so I dont try. If I ignore you, thats why! Use a compliant mailer.