httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul Hunter <paul_hun...@standardlife.com>
Subject [users@httpd] renaming a domain
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:22:56 GMT
Hello, I'm fairly new to Apache etc, so forgive me if i'm asking a stupid
question...

My company has a domain called ukgroup.mycomp.com. It has a document root
of the same name. There are also several redirects set up that redirect
requests to other domains. There are also redirects set up in other
domains that point to ukgroup.mycomp.com.

We have a requirement to rename ukgroup.mycomp.com to group.mycomp.com, so
that nobody using the site every sees any reference to ukgroup. Am i right
in assuming that to do this, i am going to have to rename the document
root under htdocs, set up redirects from ukgroup.mycomp.com to point to
the new one, change the DNS so that it recognises group.mycomp.com?

Does this sound correct, or is there any easier way to do this?

I'd be grateful for any advice

Thanks

This e-mail is confidential and, if you are not the intended recipient,
please return it to us and do not retain or disclose it. We filter and
monitor e-mails in order to protect our system and the integrity,
confidentiality and availability of e-mails. We cannot guarantee that
e-mails are risk free and are not responsible for any related damage or
unauthorised alteration of e-mails by third parties after sending.

For more information on Standard Life group, visit our website
http://www.standardlife.com/

Standard Life plc (SC286832), Standard Life Assurance Limited* (SC286833)
and Standard Life Employee Services Limited (SC271355) are all registered
in Scotland at Standard Life House, 30 Lothian Road, Edinburgh EH1 2DH.
*Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. 0131 225
2552. Calls may be recorded/monitored. Standard Life group includes
Standard Life plc and its subsidiaries.

Please consider the environment. Think - before you print.