httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Campbell, Lance" <la...@illinois.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Emergency Web Server Configuration
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 21:08:05 GMT
OS: Linux Red Hat

Apache: 2.2.x

I am setting up a dedicated apache web server in order to push out
emergency web pages in the event of an emergency on campus.  The content
that would be pushed out would be static content only consisting of a
few dozen web pages.  I have verified that the number of possible open
files is over a million in the OS.  I have also made sure to shut off
HTACCESS.  Are there any other technical items I should be identifying
or evaluating in order to make sure we could handle an obscene number of
web hits?  Would it be a necessity to have two or more network cards
running in conjunction together?

Lance Campbell

Project Manager/Software Architect

Web Services at Public Affairs