httpd-users mailing list archives

From Scott Jorgenson <dscottjorgen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ProxyPassReverse problem inside <Location> -- is there a fix?
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 23:50:46 GMT
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the help!

Sorry for the abbreviated configuration.  Here is my mod_proxy configuration in its entirety
(only the hostnames in the URLs are changed).  Note that I also moved the ProxyPass outside
of the <Location> section, at your suggestion (before that, I had each ProxyPass inside
the <Location> for its respective path, omitting the path argument on ProxyPass accordingly).
 Unfortunately that rearrangement didn't fix the situation.

ProxyRequests Off
ProxyPass /abc http://gdccideas.chn.hp.com/cgi-bin
ProxyPass /def http://gdccideas.chn.hp.com/cgi-bin
<Location /abc>
    ProxyPassReverse http://<target-hostname>/cgi-bin
</Location>
<Location /def>
    ProxyPassReverse http://<target-hostname>/cgi-bin
</Location>

Note also that on the <target-hostname> there is a CGI script, test.pl, which just redirects
to http://<target-hostname>/cgi-bin/end.pl.

Now, the persistent problem is that when I make the following request to the proxy in my browser:

https://<proxy-hostname>/def/test.pl

(yes, the proxy is SSL-enabled but the target is not) I get the following redirect from the
proxy:

Location: https://<proxy-hostname>/abc/end.pl

Notice how a request into the /def location ended-up getting redirected into the /abc location.
 That's the problem.  Conversely, requests into /abc/test.pl get redirected to /abc/end.pl
as they should.

Interestingly, if I reverse the 2 <Location> sections, it is the opposite behavior --
requests into either location for test.pl then redirect to /def/end.pl.  In other words, it
seems to be the first ProxyPassReverse listed in the configuration which takes effect, regardless
of the fact that each should be scoped just to a <Location>.

and follow the link to Neil Hillard's problem report contained therein).

I am using Apache 2.0.59.

Please advise, and thanks very much in advance!

Scott