httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Krist van Besien" <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite difference Apache 2.0 and 2.2 ?
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2008 13:01:32 GMT
On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 13:41, Jan <jan@tofuwurst.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have just noticed yesterday that one of my mod_rewrite rules which works fine in Apache
2.0 doesn't seem to work in Apache 2.2.

> Here is the rule:
>
> RewriteRule ^portfolio/([0-9]+)(/)?$ portfolio.php?serie=$1
>
> So a request to portfolio/ID is supposed to be send to portfolio.php?serie=ID. This works
fine on the Apache 2.0 installation but on the Apache 2.2 server the ID is somehow not passed
to the script.

> However, when I change the rule to:
>
> RewriteRule ^folio/([0-9]+)(/)?$ portfolio.php?serie=$1
>
> and call the page with folio/ID it is passed to the script. Alternatively it also works
when I rename the file to something != rewrite rule, instead of changing the redirect.

> Is this supposed to be this way? Again, it works in Apache 2.0 as expected, but not in
Apache 2.2.

> Any comments on this issue will are greatly appreciated.

This is quite odd, and should not happen. There might be something
else in your config interfering. Have you turned on RewriteLog with a
sufficiently high loglevel? The rewrite log should tell you what
matches are tried.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com