httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Krist van Besien" <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RewriteEngine directive
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 13:21:15 GMT
On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 11:09 AM, Malka Cymbalista
<Malki.Cymbalista@weizmann.ac.il> wrote:
> If I want to put Rewrite directives into specific <Directory> sections, do I have
to put the RewriteEngine directive into each of the sections or can I put it somewhere else
in the configuration file where I will not have to repeat it in each directory section.
> Thanks for any help.

In the documentation
(http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html#rewriteengine)
it says, for RewriteEngine:

"Context:	server config, virtual host, directory, .htaccess"

So you can put it in your server config or virtual host.

General hint: If you are not sure where you can use a directive,
consult the apache documentation.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com