httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Krist van Besien" <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] problem with perl script and Apache
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 11:42:18 GMT
On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 12:23 PM, Denis Peuziat <dpeuziat@amadeus.com> wrote:

> I can't see any....

Any what?
Can I assume that you were responding to my question whether your
scripts wrote a content-type header? (I can't be sure what it was
exactly you were reacting to because you choose to "top post").

CGI scripts must output a "content-type" header. So when you execute
them on the command line, the line "content-type: text/html" ought to
be the first thing written out. If they don't do this they have been
programmed with a disregard of the CGI standard....
It is possible that your old webserver was configured to always add
this content-type header itself, and that because of this the scripts
worked.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com