httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tan, Liao " <liao....@citi.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Port or SSL issue?
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:50:17 GMT
Patrick,
 Much appreciated the information. The thing is in modssl.org, I only find source for apache
1.3.x, not for 2.0. Where can I find it and download? My apache doesnt have it, i did a Find,
and didnt find.

Thank you!

Ingrid

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Horgan [mailto:phorgan1@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 3:40 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Port or SSL issue?

Tan, Liao wrote:
> Folks,
>  I have tried in many ways making my https certificate work out, but nothing yet.
>  My apache is 2.0.46, HP-UX, and Listen 443 in http-ssl.conf. I´ve also asked the SA´s
to start apache as root, and the https url doesnt work either. Have the certificate and ssl
directives, except for the "LoadModule ... libexec/mod_ssl.so", ´cause I dont have the file
mod_ssl.so. Some say no need of this file, other say yes, you need, so Im confused. So, do
I really need this file to have my https working? If needed, how can I get it, without installing
apache again?

Yes, the mod_ssl.so module contains the code that deals with ssl and you
actually need it.  The easiest way is the get the source code for the
same version of apache you have, rebuild it with the configuration set
to build all modules, then point your system administrator the the
mod_ssl.so that you built so that they can install it.  Your system
adminitrators should know how to do this themselves.

Patrick