httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tan, Liao " <liao....@citi.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Question about mod_ssl patch for Apache 2.0.46
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:55:48 GMT
Eric,
 Txs for the answer. So my apche has the mod_ssl, but I dont find the mod_ssl.so file, so
that I can uncomment the "LoadModule....libexec/mod_ssl.so" directive in httpd.conf. How can
I get it, or do I need to compile just the file, without installing again the apache. Im not
expert in apache, so please your guidance.

Thanks,

Ingrid

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Covener [mailto:covener@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 22, 2008 6:31 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Question about mod_ssl patch for Apache
2.0.46

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 4:41 PM, Tan, Liao <liao.tan@citi.com> wrote:
> Guys:
>  1)I want to know if there´s mod_ssl patch for Apache 2.0.x. I saw in modssl.org, and
strangely the latest version has the date of 2007, and is for Apache 1.3.
>  2)I already have my apache installed, that´s why I´m looking for a patch for mod_ssl,
the final purpose is enable my current http to https. I have the directives I think its needed
in http-ssl.conf files. Is it really necessary to have the files mod_ssl.so and mod_ssl.c?

mod_ssl comes with apache 2.0.x and later, so you don't need anything
from modssl.org.  You do need the mod_ssl module, though, either
compiled as a DSO or statically.

If you built your own Apache, figure out how to rebuild it with SSL support.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com