httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tan, Liao " <liao....@citi.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Question about mod_ssl & mod_jk
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:53:29 GMT
Actually, the module directives I extracted from another apache which has already https working,
and as I´m not familiar with version particularities, I didn´t know if I can put them to
mine, which is in fact 2.0

So, at this point, I think my version will probably have different configuration to enable
SSL, in order to have my current http to https. But pls give me some directions on how to
start, at least to check if I have the mod_ssl enabled and if not, how to do it.

thank you.

Ingrid Liao
Citi Markets & Banking | CMB Technology
Brazil Technology Solutions Center | Business Intelligence, Database & Support Services
Tel. +55-11-3741-6274
Fax. +55-11-3741-6285
Email: liao.tan@citi.com

-----Original Message-----
From: André Warnier [mailto:aw@ice-sa.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:39 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Question about mod_ssl & mod_jk

Hi.

Your configuration snippets below look like Apache 1.x, but you mention
that you are using 2.x.  How come ?

André

Tan, Liao wrote:
>  Hello, experts:
>   My apache installed is has only the mod_jk.sl in the "libexec/" directory.
>  I want to know what I need to do in order to to configure my current http to https?
I know this is a very general question, but to start, I guess I need to include the directives
in httpd.conf:

> 1)<IfDefine SSL>
>   LoadModule ssl_module libexec/mod_ssl.so
>   </IfDefine>
>
> 2)<IfDefine SSL>
>   AddModule mod_ssl.c
>   </IfDefine>
>
> Is this enough in order to enable the mod_ssl?
>
> Already have all certificates configured in the paths. But still unsure on if simply
adding those 2 directives will be enough, and will put the file (mod_ssl.so) there in the
path, or if I have to get this file from somewhere (if so, how?)