httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben Ricker <ben.ric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] log roatation / delete for virtual domains
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 12:37:07 GMT
Rotatelogs, as far as I know, does not delete logs. It merely rotates
them. If you want to delete for size, you could do some fancy work
with 'ls', cut out the size, compare it to a specific number you want,
and then delete it if it is over that size.

That seems kludgy though. What I do is use find on the directory and
use -ctime +N where 'N' is the number of days you want logs to stick
around. Then you can pipe it through |xargs rm -f. This will delete
any logs that have been around since N days after creation.

--
Thanks,

Ben Ricker

I use my cat's name for a password: he is called zo4W*!@n32G+ and I