httpd-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Chang <thomas200...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How to distribute Web Access?
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 15:01:09 GMT
Is the so-called 3rd party device&nbsp;a hardware?
&nbsp;

--- Evan Platt &lt;evan@espphotography.com&gt; schrieb am Di, 10.6.2008:

Von: Evan Platt &lt;evan@espphotography.com&gt;
Betreff: Re: [users@httpd] How to distribute Web Access?
An: users@httpd.apache.org
Datum: Dienstag, 10. Juni 2008, 16:52

You need a load balancer or some other 3rd party device. There could be
a way to do it in Apache, but I haven't seen it.

thomas2004 wrote:
&gt; I have a web application, i.g. a WAR file. I will deploy this war on
several
&gt; web-servers. They have the URL. How can I configure the web-server,
assumed
&gt; I use Apache Tomcat, sothat the web access can be distribute to these web
&gt; servers? For example I have 10 web-servers, the daily access is 100000. I
&gt; want these accesses to be devided to 10 web servers.
&gt;
&gt; How can I do that? Can I just make configuration or do I need hardware
such
&gt; as dispatcheer?
&gt;