httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] shebang line in windows
Date Tue, 24 Jun 2008 15:47:59 GMT
Alex Jackson wrote:

> Is there a way to associate a file or a file type with a certain
> interpreter through the apache config?

See http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#scriptinterpretersource

although I know I was contemplating how to trick out wsh scripts to use
a shebang at one point and think I had succeeded.  I don't recall the magic,
now, it might have been a patch.  Use the registry-strict flavor so you
don't let people invoke notepad by browsing to readme.txt

> I have several issues getting scripts to run with the right
> interpreter.  I am try to set up both logo and old dos basic for cgi.

I don't believe you'll succeed at invoking 16 bit apps but I could be wrong.