httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Question about mod_ssl & mod_jk
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2008 14:17:22 GMT
Actually, go to Google and search for exactly this :
apache ssl howto hpux

The first link on that page may be what you need.

Tan, Liao wrote:
> Actually, the module directives I extracted from another apache which has already https
working, and as I´m not familiar with version particularities, I didn´t know if I can put
them to mine, which is in fact 2.0

> So, at this point, I think my version will probably have different configuration to enable
SSL, in order to have my current http to https. But pls give me some directions on how to
start, at least to check if I have the mod_ssl enabled and if not, how to do it.

> thank you.
>
> Ingrid Liao
> Citi Markets & Banking | CMB Technology
> Brazil Technology Solutions Center | Business Intelligence, Database & Support Services
> Tel. +55-11-3741-6274
> Fax. +55-11-3741-6285
> Email: liao.tan@citi.com

I know this is a very general question, but to start, I guess I need to include the directives
in httpd.conf:

>> 1)<IfDefine SSL>
>>   LoadModule ssl_module libexec/mod_ssl.so
>>   </IfDefine>
>>
>> 2)<IfDefine SSL>
>>   AddModule mod_ssl.c
>>   </IfDefine>
>>
>> Is this enough in order to enable the mod_ssl?
>>
>> Already have all certificates configured in the paths. But still unsure on if simply
adding those 2 directives will be enough, and will put the file (mod_ssl.so) there in the
path, or if I have to get this file from somewhere (if so, how?)