httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sascha Kersken ...@lingoworld.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_rewrite difference Apache 2.0 and 2.2 ?
Date Sun, 15 Jun 2008 13:09:17 GMT
Krist van Besien schrieb:
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 13:41, Jan <jan@tofuwurst.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have just noticed yesterday that one of my mod_rewrite rules which works fine in
Apache 2.0 doesn't seem to work in Apache 2.2.

>> Here is the rule:
>>
>> RewriteRule ^portfolio/([0-9]+)(/)?$ portfolio.php?serie=$1
>>
>> So a request to portfolio/ID is supposed to be send to portfolio.php?serie=ID. This
works fine on the Apache 2.0 installation but on the Apache 2.2 server the ID is somehow not
passed to the script.

>> However, when I change the rule to:
>>
>> RewriteRule ^folio/([0-9]+)(/)?$ portfolio.php?serie=$1
>>
>> and call the page with folio/ID it is passed to the script. Alternatively it also
works when I rename the file to something != rewrite rule, instead of changing the redirect.

>> Is this supposed to be this way? Again, it works in Apache 2.0 as expected, but not
in Apache 2.2.

>> Any comments on this issue will are greatly appreciated.
>>

> This is quite odd, and should not happen. There might be something
> else in your config interfering. Have you turned on RewriteLog with a
> sufficiently high loglevel? The rewrite log should tell you what
> matches are tried.

Hi,

just another wild speculation: As it does work with "folio" but not with
"portfolio" (which happens to be the name of the PHP file): Could it be
that you have mod_speling turned on in your Apache 2.2 installation and
had it turned off in Apache 2.0? I suppose that mod_speling "corrects"
the unavailable "portfolio" to the only alternative, portfolio.php,
BEFORE any RewriteRule matches, and thus does not pass the ID.

Sascha