httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Donovan <donov...@bellatlantic.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 2.2.9 missing options, no sql
Date Sat, 14 Jun 2008 05:18:37 GMT
Res wrote:
> Folks,
>
> When we sorted out the licence issues with mysql inclusion in 2.2.8 a
> very simple configure of adding --with-mysql  became a dream, now this
> and an important option for this system, the --with-devrandom  option,
> have both dissapeared and configure puts up warnings all over the place...

Do you mean "configure: WARNING: Unrecognized options: --with-devrandom, --with-mysql" ?

This appears to be a new warning with autoconf 2.62, but the options still work correctly.
You can add --disable-option-checking to suppress these warnings.

urandom is now the default, see http://www.apache.org/dist/apr/CHANGES-APR-1.3
The --with-devrandom option still works however.
You can double-check the selected device with:
   grep DEV_RANDOM srclib/apr/include/arch/unix/apr_private.h

> I decided to make sure, so I nuked it and re did 2.2.8, yep works a
> treat, 2.2.9, who knows what random its using, hopefully it now uses
> urandom here on default, but mysql did not get included when I tested
> with ldd for libmysqlclient_r

Did you use ldd on /usr/local/apache/lib/apr-util-1/apr_dbd_mysql.so ?

See the apr-util changes http://www.apache.org/dist/apr/CHANGES-APR-UTIL-1.3
If you want a static link you can use --disable-util-dso

-tom-