httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Rejecting Invalid URL With a 503 Status
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 19:52:56 GMT

Merton Campbell Crockett wrote:

> On 13 Jun 2008, at 09:47:43, Joshua Slive wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 12:41 PM, Merton Campbell Crockett
>> <m.c.crockett@roadrunner.com> wrote:

If I may add my grain of salt : often the issue is that such error
messages end up cluttering the logfile, consuming megabytes and making
it more time-consuming to find real errors that one should track down.
One case in point is the "GET /_vti_bin/.." stuff generated by some IE
clients.  One knows what they are, one knows that they'll end up being
rejected, and one is tired of finding them all over.  So one would
appreciate some nice and efficient way to reject them early on, and not
even having them logged.
And one knows that this might cause one some time in the future to
overlook some things one should'nt.