httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mohit Anchlia" <mohitanch...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Block IP
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 18:27:17 GMT
Few questions:

1. We have a webserver and we use mod_jk to redirect request to a servlet to
our App server. Given this situation where file on the web server doesn't
get accessed how can I block the IP at web server. Only option that I know
of is RewriteCond. Is that what's advisable.

2. Another question I had was sometimes we don't get real physical IP of the
machine but the IP of something that's in between like "router", is there a
way to get the real IP so that we don't end up blocking people coming from
that "router" or "proxy"

3. Do I need to start the web server everytime new RewriteRule is added ?