httpd-users mailing list archives

From Martin Barry <ma...@supine.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] seperate vhost files for each domain
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 09:26:39 GMT
$quoted_author = "Agnello George" ;

> I would just like to know if it would be a good good option to have
> separate vhost fies for each domain, this would make editing the files
> ( through shell scripts much easier ). But my only concern here is
> would Apache be overloaded by reading multiple vhost files

I'd imagine the configuration would be of similar size so Apache wouldn't
really care either way.

Debian (and it's derivatives) have a setup where you did split up
configurations into multiple files in:

/etc/apache2/sites-available/

and activated them by symlinking to them from

/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/

Apache includes them with

Include /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/

which graps all files in that directory in alphabetical order.

cheers
Marty