httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bogdan Cristea <crist...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Fwd: Apache message file grows very fast
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 06:59:53 GMT
     I have a web server running Slackware on it and yesterday I have
experienced a failure due to the saturation of the root partition. After
investigating I have found that in /var/log the messages files (message.1,
message.2, ..., message.4) were extremely large. After cleaning up, I have
freed 2 GB, but today morning I have had the same failure, due to the same
reason: the message file was 2GB, eating completely my root partiton.
     Have you experienced similar behavior? Could you advise how to solve this
issue?
regards
--
Bogdan Cristea