httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Difference in mod_perl & mod_php
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 16:24:17 GMT
On 04.06.08 00:11, howard chen wrote:
> People saying that mod_perl is closer to the Apache core,
> as it can be used to write Apache module, but in fact, what are their
> difference in term of processing model?

what do you mean by "processing model". Those two are completely different
things

- mod_perl inserts perl interpreter to apache, allowing accessing apache
  internals, modify apache's behaviour

- mod_php interprets PHP files and sends them to client

If you want apache to parse perl scripts in the same way as mod_php does
with php scripts, you need to install an apache module that will do that.

Yes, the module can be written using mod_perl functionality.
"To Boot or not to Boot, that's the question." [WD1270 Caviar]