httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy Sanity Check
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2008 10:44:42 GMT
On Sat, 31 May 2008 19:16:35 -0700
"Jacob Mathew" <jacobgmathew@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes the ProxyHTMLExtended directive can, but the ProxyHTMLURLMap
> directive can't. I think I said as much in the line "The solution
> proffered seem to be to use ProxyHTMLExtended and identify the URL
> using regular expressions. "
>
> My concern is that it is using brute force regular expression
> matching, which I am anxious about doing in a high visibility website.
>
> I was looking to see if this was being done regularly and if I am
> being overly paranoid, or if my concern is valid.

Brute-force regexps is exactly what any of the non-markup-aware
filters (mod_line_edit, mod_substitute, or mod_sed) give you.

The difference is that mod_proxy_html restricts that approach
to the embedded scripts/stylesheets, while the non-markup-aware
filters apply it to the entire documents.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/