httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aaron Todd <tod...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Subdomain Config Questions
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2008 00:37:35 GMT
Hello,

I am looking to configure Apache in a way that I've never done
before.  I've tried describing this to google to see what it spits
out, but I am unsure of the results.  What I am looking to do is have
a set of files in the main web root of my server.  I'd like any
subdomain to use these files as it it would if they were in its own
web root.  The google searching I did seemed to come back with
"subdomain wildcards".  I have tried any of the configuration examples
I found on it yet.  So it may or may not be what I want.  The seconds
thing I need to happen is that I'd like to set a PHP session variable
based on the subdomain name.  Or set something to I can distinguish
between each one given.  Basically I'd like a.domain.com and
b.domain.com to be structured exactly the same, but serve up different
content text and images.  When I update the main code it will update
for all the subdomains without uploading files to each one.

If anyone can let me know if this possible I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,

Aaron