httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Danie Qian" <dan...@bestningning.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] MYSQL Domain ?
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 21:45:48 GMT
In your situation, why dont you do it this way:
location1:     4 sites <-> mysql server1,  as a master for these 4 local sites and replicate
slave for the 2 sites in the other location.
location2:     2 sites <-> mysql server2, as a master for these 2 local sites and replicate
slave for the 4 sites in the other location
not only this will be more efficient but also it will be more reliable as you have sort of
a real time backup db server.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Rob
  To: users@httpd.apache.org ; Danie Qian
  Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 5:26 PM
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] MYSQL Domain ?

  To explain abit more about my situation,

  I have  6 joomla sites, 4 on one server 2 on another, with more to follow. What im needing
to do is setup a simple form for people to fill out. This basicly will inject the database
of each joomla site with the information from the form into them. The problem is that the
servers are in two sperate locations so i presumed this would be a good way to connect to
the databases from mulitlple locations.

  Danie, it is possible to have sql running on localhost and over a domain at the same time
?

  is any one able to point me to some reading material or walkthrough so i could get a better
idea on what needs to be done ?

  cheers

  rob