httpd-users mailing list archives

From wi <icebat...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_rewrite, mod_proxy and http status codes
Date Mon, 05 May 2008 19:30:50 GMT
Hi all

I have a 2.2.8 server directing traffic (mod_rewrite) to a bunch of
back-end servers. We use a 499 status code from the back end to
indicate some sort of error condition to clients.

When the clients access the back-end directly, there is no problem.
When an error ocurrs, they get the 499. This is a normal condition.

However, when clients access the back-end via the Apache proxy, the
499 status code is changed into a 500  Internal Server Error.

Is it possible that mod_proxy or mod_rewrite are interfering in this?
If so, can this be turned off?

Thanks
Wayne