httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben Ricker <ben.ric...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] RE: Retransmissions seen for HTTP GETs and POSTS
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 21:49:03 GMT
TCP retransmissions are not related to Apache; it is an OS/network
issue and you need to focus on the server interface configuration or
the network(s) between the client and the server. There is a good,
succinct troubleshooting guide here: http://acs.lbl.gov/TCP-tuning/troubleshooting.html

You might be looking at a network load issue or need to tweak the TCP
retransmission timeout setting. But again, the issue is on the TCP/
networking layer and not an issue with Apache.

Good luck.

--
Thanks,

Ben Ricker