httpd-users mailing list archives

From dark angel <dark_angel0...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] FW: Cannot reach host
Date Fri, 30 May 2008 02:37:09 GMT

Greetings, I have a bit of a noob question, but I wondered if perhaps anyone else had encountered
this issue.

I installed Apache on Windows XP, ran it, tested it, and it works fine on that machine.  However,
I cannot reach the host machine from any other machine, even one on the same subnet.  The
error message says that it is taking too long to respond.  The server appears to be listening
on port 80, and I have the config file set to Allow, Deny and then Allow from all, so from
my understanding anyone should be able to load that test page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Keep your kids safer online with Windows Live Family Safety. Help protect your kids.

Make every e-mail and IM count. Join the i’m Initiative from Microsoft.