httpd-users mailing list archives

From Fred Day <ayery...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] auth_ldap error
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 19:51:07 GMT
Hi, All,
  we run apache 2, httpd-2.2.3-11,  on linux with mod_authz_ldap-0.26-8.
  On sites where we require authenticating to an external ldap directory, when a user browses
to the given site, they are prmpted for a login and password ... as expected.  If they give
proper credentials, all is fine.  If they choose "Cancel" they get "Authorization Required"
... again fine.  If they enter bad values, they are re-prompted ... up to three times and
then get an "Authorization Required" if the credentials are still incorrect ... also fine.
  The problem is when they are prompted for a login and password and they click "OK" without
entering anything for id and password ... if someone does that, the get back an "Internal
Server Error" rather than an "Authorization Required".  Note this does not happen on our apache
1.3 server also running on linux.
  The error in the error logs is basically:

  [Fri May 09 10:21:25 2008] [warn] [client 10.10.10.10] [14460] auth_ldap authenticate: user
 authentication failed; URI /pubdir1/privdir1/dir/page1.pdf [ldap_search_ext_s() for user
failed][Constraint violation], referer: http://www.mysite.com/humanresources/forms.html

  Note that "www.mysite.com" is not the real machine name / domain nor is "pubdir1/privdir1/dir/page1.pdf
" the real page path but they are similar.

  "Constraint violation" almost sounds like a 0/0 issue.  Does anyone else have this issue
?  I have tried searching ( okay, googling ) for this but I am obviously not using the correct
search string because I am not finding any mention of anyone else having this issue.  Are
others fine using external ldap authentication with apache 2.2.x ?

  I appreciate any help anyone can provide.
  Thanks