httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kyriakos Tsourapas" <kts...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] nofailover does not work
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 15:12:35 GMT
Hello, people,

I have used the following configuration with Apache 2.2 :

---------------------------
ProxyRequests Off

ProxyPass /balancer !
ProxyPass / balancer://cluster/ stickysession=JSESSIONID nofailover=On
ProxyPassReverse / balancer://cluster/

<Proxy balancer://cluster>
  Order Deny,Allow
  Allow from all

  BalancerMember http://192.168.1.141:8081 route=tomcat1
  BalancerMember http://192.168.1.142:8081 route=tomcat2
</Proxy>

<Location /balancer>
  SetHandler balancer-manager

  Order Deny,Allow
  Allow from all
</Location>

The problem is that when I disable one of the servers, Apache does not break
the session and continues sending requests to the disabled server.

The only way to continue is to open a new browser, so that there is no
session. Then Apache redirects new requests to the live node only.

So, the problem is that, even if I have used the nofailover=On, Apache does
not break the session of disabled nodes.

Any ideas ?