httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saachin Mandloi <coolsaac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with Configuring Virtual Host on Apache 2.2.6 Pls Help
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 14:52:15 GMT
yes the SLEngine On directive is only within the 443 virtual host container.

the http works fine on this IP when the ssl virtual host container is not added, and as soon
as i add the virtual host container and start the HTTPS services on this ip, it starts returning
error while trying to connect the site with http.

The server has 10 ip adddresses, The default server is listening and delivering the default
page from var/www/html for both http and https except this ip.

I tried to google on this issue and struggling with this since last 2 days, but cant come
across a solution to this. Please do help me here to arrive to a fix to this problem.

Thanks

Sam

Dragon <dragon@crimson-dragon.com> wrote: Saachin Mandloi wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I recently installed Fedora core 8 and planning to move my site to
>this recently installed server. This has apache 2.2.6 bundled.
>
>I added a new virtual host contained in httpd.conf to start the IP
>based http services for my site. Which was working fine.
>
>Later on i added another virtual host container in ssl.conf to start
>using https services on the same site.
>
>Now the https://mysite.com works fine, but when i try to connect to
>open the site through http://mysite.com it returns an error which is below
>
>Bad Request
>Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
>Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.
>Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.
>   Hint: https://www.mysite.com
>
>The website should be reachable with both http and https. Am i doing
>something wrong? Which directive has to be set to
>
>get both working?
>
>PLEASE HELP !!!!!!!!!!

What do the Listen directives say for each virtual host?

Your non-SSL should be listening on port 80 and the SSL on 443.

Dragon