httpd-users mailing list archives

From Fred Day <ayery...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] auth_ldap error
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 15:04:57 GMT

Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
  On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 3:51 PM, Fred Day wrote:

> click "OK" without entering anything for id and password ... if someone does
> that, the get back an "Internal Server Error" rather than an "Authorization
> Required". Note this does not happen on our apache 1.3 server also running
> on linux.
> The error in the error logs is basically:
>
> [Fri May 09 10:21:25 2008] [warn] [client 10.10.10.10] [14460] auth_ldap
> authenticate: user authentication failed; URI
> /pubdir1/privdir1/dir/page1.pdf [ldap_search_ext_s() for user
> failed][Constraint violation], referer:
> http://www.mysite.com/humanresources/forms.html

Looks like a bug, there's a special case for empty username but it
seems like it's not doing the right test.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com

  Hi, Eric,
  thank you for responding.  Somehow I did not receive or inadvertantly deleted your second
response ( the one with the questions ) but someone forwarded it to me.  For summary, you
responded
  "
  Do you know what LDAP SDK your server is linked with? With LogLevel
debug it should be reported at startup.
  With the version I'm using, the LDAP client is okay with searching for
a filter value of "cn=" but yours apparently treats it as an illegal
filter.
"
Changing the log level to debug and restarting gives a

"[info] APR LDAP: Built with OpenLDAP LDAP SDK"

 line.  A bit above that is a line:

"info] Server: Apache/2.2.2, Interface:

mod_nss/2.2.2, Library: NSS/3.11.2 ECC"

The openldap client rpm is version 2.3.27-8.

Thanks again for any help anyone can provide.