httpd-users mailing list archives

From "sirius black" <padfootp...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Large File Upload blocking
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 16:32:56 GMT
I'm trying to prevent my users from uploding files larger than 500MB.  I
know that I can use LimitPayloadBody and ErrorDocument 413 to redirect the
users to a page telling them their file is too large.  But then it seems
like apache still has to read in the entire file before it returns the
user.  Even with a simple html file like this:

<FORM ENCTYPE='multipart/form-data' method='POST' action='http://localhost'>
<INPUT TYPE='file' NAME='mptest'>
<INPUT TYPE='submit' VALUE='upload'>
</FORM>

it takes a long time for a 1.9GB file to upload.

Is there a way to prevent Apache form continuing to read the socket?
If I try to break before that, I get an "Ivalid Response From the
Server" or something like that response.

Thanks