httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ed ...@pyrpress.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Access, Authentication, Aauthorization directives work only in .htaccess file, not in httpd.conf
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 16:55:37 GMT
Hi,
New to the list, but not new to open source and apache. Configured my
first apache server on unix around 1997. About once a year or when a
security problem is reported, I upgrade to the latest 1.3.xx release.

Recently, I upgraded to 1.3.41 and now have a problem that doesn't make
sense, but could be a design
change and not a "bug". Since I'm the only system administrator, I just
put the access, authentication,
and authorization directives in the httpd.conf file. Since upgrading,
that information is ignored, and only
if I place the information into a .htaccess file in the specific
directory does it work.

I've searched everywhere and I don't see any  problems and/or design
change(s) mentioned.

Could someone shed some light on the situation?

--

  Regards...Ed

  Thank you.

  "Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin