httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mark Meytin <m...@meytin.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problems with mod_proxy and Apache custom error responses
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 04:30:45 GMT
Hello!  I was wondering if someone could help me with the following
problem.  For I project I have been working on we were using Custom
Error Responses as described here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/custom-error.html  The custom errors
were processed by Tomcat which was connected to Apache using mod_jk.  In
order to pass some additional information to Java code, we used the
following directive: JkEnvVar REDIRECT_URL "<UNSET>" in order to send
the requested URL to the Java side.  In the Java code, the URL was
retrieved using:

String redirect_url = (String) request.getAttribute("REDIRECT_URL");

The solution worked great until we switching to mod_proxy_ajp from
mod_jk for Tomcat communication.  Since this was done, custom error page
handling mechanism broke because getAtrribute() call above would always
return null.  I tried multiple approaches, but so far I am not able to
properly pass the value of REDIRECT_URL environment variable to the Java
side.  Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for any information!