httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] [BUG] : pre_config_hook issues
Date Mon, 26 May 2008 15:42:31 GMT
MENEAULT Maxime wrote:

> It sounded strange to me to have to post on a user list but I strictly
> followed the recommendations on bug posting.
> Is the documentation out-dated?
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/bug_report.html
> <<
> Unless you are sure that you have found a bug in the Apache HTTP Server,
> we strongly recommend that you try the Apache HTTP Server Users List
> before using the bug database.
> <<

No, that's not out of date.  It's tailored to the hundreds of thousands of
Apache httpd users who are about to report a problem, not identify the
origin of the problem and code its patch to solve.  :-)

You have to appreciate that the vast majority of users are simply going by
their observations and have either never looked at the code, or have a very
limited understanding of it, and that the majority of "bugs" are really
nothing other than mis-configurations.

Bill