httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben Aurel <ben.jak...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] error when compiling on mac os x (leopard)
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 13:53:38 GMT
Hi

I had a problem with compiling Apache2 from source on my system:
- Mac os x 10.5.2 (leopard)
- 2.2 GHz Intel Core Duo
- Apache2.2.6 and also apache2.2.8 (didn't try other versions though)

In the meantime I could "solve" the problem (see below). But it was a
blind flight and I'd like to know a little bit more about the problem.
Secondly maybe other users/devs can use this information.

OK - here's what I did:

$ ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache2 --enable-module=most
--enable-shared=max

$ make
Making all in srclib
Making all in pcre
/opt/local/share/apr-1/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile
/usr/bin/gcc-4.0     -DDARWIN
[...]
/bin/sh: /opt/local/share/apr-1/build/libtool: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [maketables.lo] Error 127
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

with the help of this discussion* I could solve the problem:

sudo port -f uninstall libtool
sudo port -f uninstall apr
sudo port install libtool
sudo port install apr

(*) http://www.nabble.com/libtool-woes-td15248567.html

After that I was able to install Apache. Maybe somebody can use this
information about that problem (Bugreport?). Or somebody could tell me a
little bit more about it.

Thanks a lot
Ben