httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tim Lind <mrtiml...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] database specification of resource protection
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 15:15:36 GMT
Hi

Is there a way to enforce digest protection on a per resource basis
through the use of database as opposed to an htaccess file? So that the
database maintains which resources can be accessed by which groups.

Also, is it possible to specify that the digest authentication should be
optional? i.e. not send an unauthorized header, just a WWW-Authenticate
header. I'm not referring to hacks such as remove a header I mean a
proper module that takes in this option, preferably to work with the
module that does the database specification of resource protection.

Tim