httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] incomplete graphics downloads
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 18:55:38 GMT
graham.hays wrote:
> Intriguing – when I right-click (actually left as I reverse buttons!)
> and select ‘view image’ the image appears perfectly, selecting back then
> shows the original page and ALL the images refresh to perfectly!
>

> I’ll check with my sat provider although strangely enough my current
> client is also on satellite and hits this problem with my server more
> than I do! [not sure if she has same provider as me] Also over the sat
> link it’s only sites on **my** server that appear with the partial files
> which is why I suspect the Apache configuration.

Something that hasn't been mentioned, terms of service sometimes deny
you the right to run servers on some connections; it's possible that
the provider has deliberated throttled your ability to run a server.
You might even try running on a nonstandard port such as 8080 and see
if that makes any difference.