httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Bowman <ebow...@boboco.ie>
Subject [users@httpd] load balancing and ProxyTimeout
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 12:38:16 GMT
Hi,

I'm using httpd 2.2.8 to load balance across a cluster of JBoss servers.

One of the linux boxes hosting a JBoss server effectively crashed.
We're not sure exactly what happened, but the symptom was that you could
open a socket (to port 22, or the JBoss HTTP port), but nothing would
ever come of it.

We were puzzled by the fact that the load balancing module didn't put
this server into an ERR state when this happened, and kept sending it
requests (not many, but enough to cause a problem).

We tried setting ProxyTimeout to 60 seconds, and we see that there is a
log in the error logs stating that that worker is timing out, but it
still doesn't put the worker into an ERR state.

So my question is, is it possible to configure it so that if a worker
starts to timeout, it puts that worker into the ERR state?

Thanks in advance,
Eric

--
Eric Bowman