httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Is Apache supported on WIN2k8 server
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 17:33:28 GMT
Prathima Dandapani -X (pdandapa - HCL at Cisco) wrote:
> Hello,
>
>            Anyone tried executing Apache on WIN2k8 server?I
>            Is it officially supported?

Works great with UAC disabled.

If you enable User Access Control, you will find a host of problems
with the ApacheMonitor taskbar application.  Either run that task
icon "as Administrator" for now, or wait for the next release (I hope,
backport is not accepted yet) for a version which understands UAC.

If you modify your conf files, content etc within \Program Files\
these changes will not take effect while UAC is on, because of the
file redirection.  You will want to launch cmd.exe "as administrator"
to have access to modify these files using notepad, etc.