httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tod <listac...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Reverse Reverse Proxy?
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 14:31:51 GMT
I have two web servers both running Apache 2.x.  All intranet content is
served to users by ServerA.  There is an application running on ServerB
that I would like ServerA to redirect requests to.  When this redirect
is done I'd like it to be transparent to the user so that they still
think they are on ServerA when in fact it is running on ServerB.

I have access to modify the configuration on ServerB, but not Server A.
    I think a reverse proxy would work if I could modify the config on
ServerA, but I'm not sure what could be accomplished from ServerB's
perspective.

Has anyone run into this that could offer suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

- Tod