httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.8 serves nothing or garbled directory lists or image file name
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 02:35:17 GMT
Frank Huddleston wrote:
> Greetings,
>
>  I'm running NetBSD 4.0. I used pkg_add to install apache-2.2.8, but had
> mod_ssl.c compiled in and wanted that to start. I would rather not deal
> with SSL just now: I don't need it, so I downloaded the source,
> configured a different httpd and put it in /usr/local (pkg_add had put
> the httpd in /usr/pkg). I've got the server up and seemingly running
> well: no error messages, and according to the access log, it's serving
> the pages just fine. The problem is: I'm not getting good stuff out of
> it. For html pages, it displays nothing. For directory listings (where
> there's not an index file), it shows a garbled file name of a mixed
> character set (tildes, accents, umlauts, graves, mixed cases, etc.)

For fun, would you please add the directives

EnableSendfile off
EnableMMAP off

and report back?

Does this happen to be installed on the local machine or are you attempting
to serve content from a network filesystem?

Another possibility, please invoke

$ apr-1-config --version

and report back what version. httpd 2.2 is built upon whatever apr might be
already installed on your system (likely from yet another package).