httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Server 2.0.6.3 Installation problem
Date Wed, 07 May 2008 19:29:32 GMT
Jeff88 wrote:

> Good Day! When I tried to install the Apache Server 2.0.6.3 (with no ssl
> version) using the msi installer in Windows XP (SP2), I have encountered the
> following problem when the installation finished. The message pops up
> automatically.
>
> [Error] <OS 2> The system cannot find the file specified. : No installed
> service name "Apache2".

The installer was not successful, but that didn't prevent you from having
the software installed.

To try installing an "Apache2" service, in a cmd.exe window,

cd "\program files\apache software foundation\apache2\bin"
apache -k install -n Apache2

and see what messages are displayed.

[If I have the path above wrong, it's \program files\apache group\...]