httpd-users mailing list archives

From Emil Edeholt <e...@knmedical.se>
Subject [users@httpd] Infinite loop of redirects
Date Tue, 06 May 2008 09:18:26 GMT
Hi!

I'm trying to change my url:s from site.com/index.php?foo=bar to
site.com/bar. I both have a rewriterule with a 301 redirect so google,
etc. won't lose my old links. And an (I think it's called) internal
rewriterule that sends my site.com/bar url:s to the php script. The
problem is when I apply both rules they end up in an infinite loop. I've
tried looking at the logs, but they don't tell me much more then that
redirect and the internal rule are executed over and over. I guess I
should use a rewritecond to stop this, but I can't figure out how.

I've tried:
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f on one of the calls
and RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f
checking for "foo=" in the query string, etc. etc.

Nothing seems to help. How do I tell apache to stop when it's applied
one of the conditions and not keep doing first one then the other in a
loop?

Thanks for your time!

--

Regards Emil